Updated as of 6:00 pm CDT Wednesday, June 14th, 2017
Here is a summary of the latest Father’s Day-related sales for DNA test kits. Most of these sales do not require a promo code and some will not allow the use of a free shipping coupon (except for MyHeritage – see below). Most sales are good through Sunday, June 18, 2017.
Who Has the Best Father’s Day DNA Sale?
Here is our unvarnished opinion at DNA Bargains on who has the best Father’s Day 2017 Sale:
- In terms of price, it is MyHeritage DNA since you get the same autosomal test as Ancestry for $10 less PLUS if you can use the promo code UTAH at checkout you get free shipping.
- In terms of versatility, however, you are better off getting the AncestryDNA test kit, which is an autosomal test for $79. If you are an Amazon Prime member, use the Amazon Prime link below to get free two-day shipping. Why is AncestryDNA better? You can download the raw data once your results come in and then upload them to MyHeritage for free. Right now AncestryDNA does not allow upload of any other vendor’s raw data.
- Remember that with any of the vendors below, except for Living DNA, you can port your raw data over to a third party program such as GEDMatch. However, right now AncestryDNA has the largest user based in terms of looking for DNA matches.
- Save 20% on 23andMe during their Father’s Day sale! This Father’s Day, give Dad the gift of discovery. Order DNA test kits today at 23andMe.com and save $20! The Ancestry test kit is reduced from $99 to $79 and the Health + Ancestry test kit is marked down from $199 to $179. Promotion runs through June 18th. Limit 2 kits per customer. Click here to get started – via 23andme
- AMAZON PRIME MEMBERS! Get FREE SHPPING plus the same Father’s Day Sales price if you order via Amazon! Click HERE for the Ancestry test kit and click HERE for the Ancestry + Health test kit.
AncestryDNA is sold in several countries and each one has its own specific sale:
- Save 20% on Ancestry DNA! “Give Dad the story of his lifetime. With AncestryDNA, he can uncover his ethnic origins and find the people, places, and migration paths in his family history.” Regularly $99, now just $79. Offer good through Sunday, June 18th. Click HERE to order – via Ancestry
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, you get the same great sale price as the AncestryDNA website PLUS you get free shipping – even SAME DAY for some members! Click HERE to shop via Amazon.
- Save $20 on AncestryDNA Canada! Canadians can save $20 on AncestryDNA during the AncestryDNA Father’s Day sale now through June 18th. With all the US-focused sales that don’t allow international access, isn’t it nice to see a Canada only sale every once in a while? Offer good through Sunday, June 18th. Click HERE to shop – via AncestryDNA Canada
- Save £10 on AncestryDNA UK! Ancestry has ensured that this Father’s Day is as inclusive as possible – residents of the UK can save £10 on the price of the Ancestry DNA test kit. Offer good through Sunday, June 18th. Click HERE to shop via AncestryDNA UK.
Family Tree DNA
- Save $20 or more with Family Tree DNA Father’s Day Sale – the Family Finder DNA test (autosomal – similar to AncestryDNA) normally $89 is just $69. Y-37 DNA, test, was $169 is now just $139. Offer good through June 18th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
Save $40 on Living DNA! Currently, the Living DNA is running a Father’s Day sale through June 18th – a 3-in-1 DNA test kit is reduced from $159 USD to $119 USD. Similar discounts are available for Canada and UK residents (use links below).
- Save 30% during MyHeritage DNA Father’s Day Sale – the MyHeritage DNA test kit (autosomal – similar to AncestryDNA) normally $99 is just $69. FREE SHIPPING when you use promo code UTAH before checkout! Offer good through Sunday, June 18th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved