What are the December 2019 Lowest Prices for DNA Test Kits? What’s Next in the DNA Market? Find out at DNA Bargains!
We’re right in the middle of the Holiday 2019 season for online shopping! Even with some “blow out” Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales a few weeks ago, there is still amazing price competition especially in the health + ancestry segment of the DNA testing market.
Current offers among the Big 5 DNA vendors (23andMe, AncestryDNA, FamilyTreeDNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA) include 50% off health + ancestry DNA test kit at MyHeritage for just $99 (regular price $199!)
In addition, you can find reductions on just ancestry DNA test kits plus special coupons at Amazon. Scroll down for current in-depth DNA market analysis.
Latest DNA Test Kit Prices
UPDATED 12:00 pm CST, Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
- AncestryDNA US: Save 40% on AncestryDNA test kit during the AncestryDNA Holiday Sale! Stock up now for the holidays and get AncestryDNA for just $59 USD! AncestryHealth® on sale for just $99* (originally $149). VIEW DETAILS
*NOTE: Sale valid through December 31st. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED. AncestryHealth® not available in NY, NJ and RI.
- AncestryDNA Canada: Save during the AncestryDNA Canada Gifting Sale! Our friends to the North can get in on the AncestryDNA Holiday Sales as well with a savings of $40 CAD! Regularly $129 CAD, you pay just $89 CAD*! Stock up now for the holidays! VIEW DETAILS
*NOTE: Sale valid through Thursday, December 26th. Shipping and sales tax NOT INCLUDED.
- AncestryDNA Australia: Save $40 AUD! Regularly $129 AUD, now just $89 AUD! Sale valid through December 25th. VIEW DETAILS
- AncestryDNA UK: Save 25%! Now just £59 GBP! Sale valid through Tuesday, December 24th. VIEW DETAILS
- Save $20 on the Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79, is now just $59! VIEW DETAILS
- Y-37 Test *: Tests 37 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $169, now just $99! Save $70! VIEW DETAILS
- Y-111 Test *: Tests 111 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $359, now just $199! Save $160! VIEW DETAILS
- Big Y-700 Test *: Big Y-700, intended for expert users, is our most advanced Y-DNA test. It analyzes ~100k SNPs and up to 700 short tandem repeats (STRs). Regularly $649, now just $399! Save $250! VIEW DETAILS
- mt Full Sequence: Examines all regions of mitochondrial DNA, identifies basic haplogroup and migration paths and you get more refined results for genealogical purposes. Regularly $199, now just $139! Save $60! VIEW DETAILS
- Family Finder + Y-37 Test Bundle*: Male-specific bundle includes Family Finder plus our Y-chromosome test that analyzes 37 markers. Regularly $248, now just $149! Save $99! VIEW DETAILS
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence: Family Finder plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence – For both males and females, our mtDNA test traces your maternal line. Regularly $278, now just $189! Save $89! VIEW DETAILS
- Family Finder + Y-111 + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle*: This Comprehensive Genome (male-specific) test includes Family Finder, our 111 marker Y-DNA test plus a Full Mitochondrial Sequence, the most comprehensive and highest resolution mtDNA test available. Results identify the ethnic and geographic origins of your paternal and maternal lines. Regularly $637, now just $379! Save $258! VIEW DETAILS
* Denotes male specific tests
And if you’ve already tested with FamilyTreeDNA and would like to upgrade your test, click HERE to see the various discounts on upgrades.
- Living DNA: A simple mouth swab is all that is needed to start exploring the world of your DNA, looking at ancestry, fitness, nutrition and more. And now at Living DNA, you can save up to 20% on a variety of different tests . . . with prices starting as low as $49! VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save during the MyHeritage DNA Christmas Sale! Get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry Only test kit, regularly $79, now just $49! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! BONUS! Purchase 2 or more MyHeritage DNA test kits and standard shipping is FREE! Sale good through Monday, December 16th. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 50% on MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry DNA test kit during the MyHeritage Christmas Sale! “MyHeritage DNA Health+Ancestry gives you all the features of a MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test, and adds a whole new dimension with insights into your genetic risk for developing certain conditions. Explore your ethnic origins, find new relatives, and gain valuable health insights to empower you and your family. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of people around the world.” Regularly $199, now just $99! Sale valid through Monday, December 16th. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: FREE SHIPPING for Amazon Prime Members on DNA test kits including 23andMe, AncestryDNA, Family Tree DNA, Living DNA and MyHeritage DNA – VIEW DETAILS
Current DNA Test Market Prediction
The information below is based on DNA market research compiled by DNA test market expert and genealogy author/educator Thomas MacEntee of Abundant Genealogy.
“The current pricing of Health + Ancestry DNA test kit at 23andMe is valid through December 26th . . . regularly $199 and now just $129. In addition the same sale offers the 23andMe Ancestry + Traits DNA test kit at a $20 reduction . . for just $79! In addition, the same pricing is available for both 23andMe test kits at Amazon which offers FREE SHIPPING for its Amazon Prime Members.
During the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period, 23andMe had offered the Health + Ancestry DNA test kit for just $99. But could we see a return to that price level? Possibly given that the post-Christmas / New Years period tends to focus on setting resolutions like improving one’s health.”
“AncestryDNA has added new products and features over the past few months so direct comparison to 2018 is a bit difficult. The current price of just $59 for Ancestry is a bit higher than the Black Friday/Cyber Monday price. The current price for AncestryHealth is $99 and it is not likely to ho below that price, even for a New Year’s promotion. We could see a discount on upgrading your current Ancestry test results to AncestryHealth. In addition there may be last minute shipping deals such as expedited shipping for the same price as standard shipping.”
Family Tree DNA
“Like Ancestry DNA, FamilyTreeDNA has launched an impressive set of sales for December 2019, which also end on December 26th. FTDNA prices have reverted from their Black Friday / Cyber Monday lows to current prices which are the same as the previous Thanksgiving Sale promotion.
FamilyTreeDNA may have a year-end sale up its sleeve with further discounts. And who knows, they could surprise us with a health-related test kit!”
“Living DNA has also announced a new configuration of tests with four products: Starter, Ancestry, Wellbeing, and Wellbeing + Ancestry. With prices starting as low as $49 for the Living DNA Starter kit, and savings of up to 20% on other tests, the current Living DNA prices are slightly higher than the Black Friday/Cyber Monday period. I expect a drop in prices for a one day Boxing Day sale (December 26th) and then hold those prices through the new year.”
“Currently MyHeritage DNA is priced at $49 USD during its the MyHeritage Holiday Sale which runs through Monday, December 16th. There is a free shipping incentive when purchasing two or more MyHeritage DNA test kits. In addition MyHeritage Health + Ancestry DNA test it is 50% off, reduced from $199 to $99.
MyHeritage DNA tends to only run sales within a one week or less window. I expect that after December 16th we’ll see a special push on shipping and then a post-Christmas / New Year’s sale starting on or around December 26th.”
“Many consumers shop on Amazon since their Amazon Prime Membership offers free shipping. Currently, the sales at 23andMe and Ancestry are priced the same at Amazon.
I would not expect to see any special flash sales or lightning deals at Amazon on DNA test kit between now and the New Year.”
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.