Here are the latest DNA-related news articles and blog posts for the past week. Stay on top of ALL the important DNA news here at DNA Bargains!
This Week’s DNA News You Should Know
- A Genealogy Adventure with Slave and Supercentenarian Moses Williams: “Donya Williams, the four-times great-granddaughter of a man named Moses Williams, asked me if I would help draw attention to some research she and a cousin are doing titled: Stronger Together: The Moses Williams Genetic Genealogy Project.” Click here to read more via San Diego Free Press
- DNA Testing Data Is Disturbingly Vulnerable to Hackers: “Hidden within our genetic code is a vast treasure trove of personal information about our health, relationships, personality and family history. Given all the sensitive details that a DNA test can reveal, you would hope that the people and programs handling that information would be vigilant in safeguarding its security. But it turns out that’s not necessarily the case.” Click here to read more via Gizmodo
- Genealogical Database Sizes—August 2017 Update: “It’s time once again for one of my favorite posts: an update of how many people are in the DNA databases!” Click here to read more via The DNA Geek
- ‘I’ve got some Viking’: English villagers surprised by DNA test results: “None of the inhabitants of Bledington in the Cotswolds are 100% Anglo-Saxon, with ancestors coming from all over the world.” Click here to read more via The Guardian.
- We Tried It: A DNA Testing Kit — and You’ll Never Guess What We Found Out!: “23andMe is a genetic testing service that analyzes your saliva to create multiple reports about your ancestry, health and more — and explains what your DNA says about you.” Click here to read more via People
Click here to view past DNA News Updates via DNA Bargains.
Have You Checked the Latest DNA Coupons and Promos?
Don’t forget to visit our DNA Sales page for the latest coupons and promo codes to save you money! Each day DNA Bargains scours the Internet looking for any way you can save on DNA test kits, books, webinars and more! Click here to save!
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.