Here are the latest DNA-related news articles and blog posts for the past week. Stay on top of ALL the important DNA news here at DNA Bargains!
This Week’s DNA News You Should Know
- An update to the AncestryDNA kit management system: “AncestryDNA have announced that the process for activating kits will change from 18th July onwards. Up until now it has been possible to add multiple kits for your relatives to your own DNA account. The disadvantage of this process is that the person taking the test does not have full control of their own DNA and data, and there is the potential for misuse. Under the new system every person who takes a DNA test will be required to set up their own Ancestry account.” Click here to read more via Cruwys News
- AncestryDNA Collaborates with Quest Diagnostics to Provide Home DNA Testing to Healthcare Consumers. “Pathologists should note that this agreement is not without controversy as the question over who owns patients’ DNA information sparks warnings from legal experts.” Click here to read more via Dark Daily
- DNA Reveals Truth of Family’s Jesse James Story: “When Frank and Jesse James appeared in the family history of Tony Johnson, he turned to DNA. Tony wanted to learn and know the truth of his family’s story. The story was told to each generation for over 150 years.” Click here to read more at Stray Leaves
- Enhancing Collaboration and Roles on DNA Results: “As the AncestryDNA service has grown, we are increasingly hearing about families taking DNA tests together. Family members want easier and more powerful ways to collaborate with each other to make discoveries in their family story, all while still maintaining control and privacy of their own information. We recently made some changes that allow for better and more varied roles in managing, collaborating, and viewing DNA results—as well as a change to how DNA kits are activated to increase personal control.” Click here to read more via Ancestry Blog
- ‘It’s a miracle’: Woman seeking biological father discovers large family she never knew: “After three decades of searching for her biological father and, an Ontario woman has finally discovered his identity and gained a large, Portuguese family in the process.” Click here to read more via CTV News
- The uncertain future of genetic testing: “Bringing genetics into medicine leads to more accuracy, better diagnosis and personalised treatment – but not for all. Carrie Arnold meets families for whom gene testing has led only to unanswered questions.” Click here to read more via Mosaic
- Two Ways to Create Your Genetic Genealogy Testing Strategy: “You’ve got a limited DNA testing budget but lots of relatives. How do you decide who should be next to test? We’ll show you two ways to create your genetic genealogy testing strategy.” Click here to read more via Family Tree Magazine
- What Happens to Your Genetic Data When You Take a Commercial DNA Ancestry Test?: “Over the last couple of months, a number of articles have appeared in the media and blogosphere highlighting the issues of data ownership and privacy in relation to direct-to-consumer (DTC) genetic ancestry testing.” Click here to read more via CitiGen
- Why Do Millennials Care About DNA Kits?: “For a generation infamous for breaking from tradition, they seem particularly interested in their genetic heritage.” Click here to read more via StudyBreaks
Click here to view past DNA News Updates via DNA Bargains.
Have You Checked the Latest DNA Coupons and Promos?
Don’t forget to visit our DNA Sales page for the latest coupons and promo codes to save you money! Each day DNA Bargains scours the Internet looking for any way you can save on DNA test kits, books, webinars and more! Click here to save!
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.