Here are the latest DNA-related news articles and blog posts for the past week. Stay on top of ALL the important DNA news here at DNA Bargains!
This Week’s DNA News You Should Know
- DNA discovery reveals genetic history of ancient Egyptians: “Ancient Egyptians and their modern counterparts share less in common than you might think. That is, at least genetically, a team of scientists have found.” Click here to read more via CNN
- Heredity, Hammocks and Heat: DNA and other adventures: “. . .my DNA results from Living DNA have arrived. This company calculate your ethnic origin on a regional level. Having ancestry that is, at least on paper, 100% English, I was particularly interested to see what this would reveal.” Click here to read more via The History Interpreter
- How DO you trace your family 70 years after you’ve been abandoned as a newborn baby?: “Linda, 72, believed she was destined to never know who her birth parents were. Her mother had asked a stranger to keep watch of her baby, but never returned. Step forward ‘DNA detective’ Julia Bell, 47, who may have unlocked family secret.” Click here to read more via The Daily Mail
- Unexpected Things You Can Learn from a DNA Test: “Direct-to-consumer DNA test kits can reveal many things. The tests are used by genealogists to learn more about who they are related to and where their ancestors came from. Some DNA tests can reveal information about your health. No matter how much you think you know, there are some unexpected things you can learn from a DNA test.” Click here to read more via familytree.com
- What Mormon Family Trees Tell Us About Cancer: “By searching the church’s famed family trees, scientists have tracked down a cancer-causing mutation that came west with a pioneer couple—just in time to save the lives of their great-great-great-great grandchildren.” Click here to read more via The Atlantic
- Which Ethnicity Test is Best?: “Guess what? None of the vendors’ results are the same. Some aren’t even close to each other, let alone to my known and proven genealogy.” Click here to read more via DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy
- World Refugee Day: “Today more than ever, it’s easy to focus on all that separates us, but our DNA tells another story.” Click here to read more via 23andMe Blog
Click here to view past DNA News Updates via DNA Bargains.
Have You Checked the Latest DNA Coupons and Promos?
Don’t forget to visit our DNA Sales page for the latest coupons and promo codes to save you money! Each day DNA Bargains scours the Internet looking for any way you can save on DNA test kits, books, webinars and more! Click here to save!
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.