UPDATED 8:00 am CDT, Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019
Current Promotions at MyHeritage DNA
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry test kit now available – just $199! This new test “offers new dimensions of genetic insight to enrich your life, enlighten you about your health, and help you make informed lifestyle choices. As a major expansion of our DNA product line, the MyHeritage DNA Health + Ancestry test includes dozens of personalized and easy-to-understand health reports. It also includes all of the features of the current MyHeritage DNA test. VIEW DETAILS
- NEW! DNA Boot Camp: Save 30% on Ethics of DNA Testing online boot camp with DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters LLC on Saturday June 8th. VIEW DETAILS
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 25% and get MyHeritage DNA Ancestry-Only test kit for just $59 (regularly $79)! This is the same autosomal DNA test kit as AncestryDNA and other major DNA vendors! Sale valid through Sunday, June 2nd. VIEW DETAILS
- Amazon: Purchase your MyHeritage DNA products at Amazon and get FREE SHIPPING with your Ancestry Prime membership:
DNA Tests Available at MyHeritage DNA
Currently, MyHeritage DNA offers only one test – an autosomal DNA test – that uses the check swab method to collect DNA.
About MyHeritage DNA
MyHeritage is an online genealogy platform with web, mobile, and software products and services, founded in 2003 and based in Israel. MyHeritage began offering DNA test kits in late 2016. Click here for full description at Wikipedia.
MyHeritage and Genealogy Research
From the MyHeritage DNA Help Center:
“DNA Matching is a powerful new service, developed by MyHeritage to help our users find relatives based on their shared genetic sequences. The technology compares data from DNA tests and family trees to identify matches between users that indicate a family relationship.
It allows people who have already tested their DNA through MyHeritageDNA, 23andMe, Family Tree DNA, and AncestryDNA services to enjoy MyHeritage’s exceptional matching capabilities for their family history research, and get greater value from their DNA test results.
With the DNA Matching results you can not only get information about people who share DNA with you, but also see information about the matching family tree, get Smart Matches™ and contact the DNA file uploader for further collaboration to make new fascinating discoveries about your family history.”
MyHeritage DNA Reports
MyHeritage DNA currently offers the following:
- “DNA Matches – This technology compares data from autosomal DNA tests results and family trees to identify matches between users that share genetic sequences and indicate a family relationship.” For further details, please read the following: What kind of data can I get from DNA Matches?
- “An Ethnicity Estimate – a comprehensive breakdown of your unique DNA composition. You will discover where your heritage originated from and how much each ethnicity is part of your ancestral origins, and even view the main life events of your direct ancestors on the Ethnicity map.” For more information about the Ancestral Ethnicity feature, please visit: How should I read my Ethnicity Estimate?
In addition, you can upload your raw DNA data from others DNA test kits (Family Tree DNA Family Finder, AncestryDNA or 23andMe) to your MyHeritage account. Click here for more information.
MyHeritage DNA Miscellaneous
- The MyHeritage DNA test kit uses the cheek swab method.
- Approximate wait time for results is four weeks.
- The lab used for processing MyHeritage DNA kits is located in the United States.
- You can download your raw data from the MyHeritage DNA site.
MyHeritage DNA In The News
MyHeritage DNA Resources
- Customer service
- Facebook page
- Press releases and media
- Success stories
- Terms of service
- Twitter page
- YouTube page
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All content including images have been used by permission from each vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.