EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Save up to $50 USD on a variety of DNA test kits!
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale is HERE! Now through September 5th, you can save up to $50 USD on a variety of DNA test kits to help advance your genealogy and family history research! Click the image above to get started!
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Family Finder
Family Finder provides powerful interactive tools to help find your DNA matches, trace your lineage through time, and determine family connections. Uncover your heritage with myOrigins®, our unique visual mapping tool that provides a detailed ethnic and geographic breakdown of where your ancestors came from. Your heat map reflects your personal genetic ancestry, and may also reveal related population clusters that mixed with others in ancient times.
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Family Finder + Wellness
Get a comprehensive breakdown of your ancestry, connect with your DNA relatives, and empower yourself to make healthier decisions through a DNA-powered approach to wellness. Conveniently delivers nutrition and fitness DNA insights to you—helping you live your healthiest and happiest life without the guesswork!
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: mtDNA
A test for both biological males and females, mtDNA is used to help answer questions about relatedness on the direct maternal line. While both males and females inherit mtDNA, only biological females can continue to pass on mtDNA. mtDNA testing can help you discover and verify your direct maternal ancestry by connecting you with other individuals who are descendants of a shared common matrilineal ancestor.
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Y-DNA
A test for biological males, Y-DNA is used to help answer questions about relatedness on the paternal male line. Biological males can have their Y-DNA tested. Y-DNA testing can help you discover and verify your direct paternal ancestry by connecting you with other individuals who are descendants of a shared common patrilineal ancestor.
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Bundles
Discover and Save More! Take a deeper dive into your ancestry to discover more and receive additional discounts when you bundle tests together.
EXTENDED FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Upgrades
After you have purchased a test from FamilyTreeDNA, you have the option to order additional testing through your account. These additional tests fall under two broad categories: Add-ons & Upgrades.
FamilyTreeDNA Summer Sale: Tips & Tricks for FamilyTreeDNA
Here are my tips and tricks on purchasing and using a DNA test kit from FamilyTreeDNA:
- If you’re serious about family history you MUST take a FamilyTreeDNA test! Why? FamilyTreeDNA is the only major DNA test kit vendor that offers kits to test Y-DNA and mt-DNA. A test for biological males, Y-DNA is used to help answer questions about relatedness on the paternal male line. A test for both biological males and females, mtDNA is used to help answer questions about relatedness on the direct maternal line.
- If you’re concerned about privacy, create a “burn” email account. FamilyTreeDNA DOES NOT have a great track record for protecting user privacy when it comes to working with law enforcement. Rather than allowing its customers to OPT IN to letting law enforcement use customer DNA data for criminal cold case research, there is only an OPT OUT policy. I recommend this: initially don’t use your real name when creating an account AND use an email account that is not easily traced back to you. This means creating a new account at GMail, Hotmail, or other email websites. This adds an extra layer of privacy and allows you anonymity. Down the road you can choose to share your real information with other testers if you so choose.
- Download your test results as soon as you are notified via email. The test results from a FamilyTreeDNA test kit are YOURS and you should follow the instructions online to download the file. Then make sure you backup the file and secure it.
- Consider deleting your test results for complete privacy. If your goal is only to have DNA test results and you don’t want to engage with other FamilyTreeDNA users, then ask FamilyTreeDNA to delete your results and then close your account.
- Purchase on Amazon Prime to save on shipping. If you have an Amazon Prime membership, you can get free 2-Day (and even free 1-Day) shipping for most DNA test kits including FamilyTreeDNA. Check the price . . . often the Amazon price will the same as the current promotional or sale price!
- Upload your DNA test results from AncestryDNA® and other vendors. If you want access to the DNA tools at FamilyTreeDNA or if you want to connect with other DNA testers at FamilyTreeDNA, upload your test your test results. There is no fee to upload your results and access basic tools. However, you will have to pay a small, one-time fee, to access the premium tools
Who is FamilyTreeDNA?
Founded in 2000, FamilyTreeDNA pioneered the field of genetic genealogy—the use of DNA testing to establish relationships between individuals and determine ancestry. As leaders in the industry, we provide advanced technology for users to gain further insight into their family history—all with a simple swab of DNA.
Over 2 million people have tested with FamilyTreeDNA, resulting in the most comprehensive DNA matching database in the industry.
Sign Up for Genealogy Bargains E-News!
@2023, copyright Thomas MacEntee, all rights reserved.