UPDATED 5:00 am CDT, Thursday, May 17th, 2018
One of the easiest and most popular ways to learn about a difficult subject like DNA is to take advantage of webinars . . . especially since many are FREE! Here is a list of our favorite free DNA Webinar recordings:
FREE Legacy Family Tree Webinars – Upcoming Webinars
Note: Click here to register for multiple upcoming webinars at Legacy Family Tree Webinars – these webinars are FREE!
- The Family DNA Project presented by Nicka Smith, Friday, June 8, 2018, 1:00 pm Central – “Genetic genealogy truly bears fruit if multiple family members on multiple lines of the family have tested. Learn how to create and manage a project for your family while being mindful of privacy and sensitive issues that may arise.” Click HERE to register.
- The YDNA Test Should Be Your Favorite, presented by Diahan Southard, Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 1:00 pm Central – “The Y chromosome DNA, with its direct paternal line inheritance pattern, is a powerful tool for any genealogist, male or female, seeking to extend or verify a genealogical line. This lecture will cover basic and intermediate principles of using YDNA verify and extend your pedigree chart.” Click HERE to register
- True Stories of Families Reunited thanks to Genetic Genealogy presented by MyHeritage Webinars, Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 1:00 pm Central – “MyHeritage has brought together many long lost relatives thanks to DNA Matching technology and a huge database of family trees and historical records. In this webinar, our research team will present a few of our favorite heartwarming reunions.” Click HERE to register.
Legacy Family Tree Webinars – Free Recordings
- How DNA Testing Can Reveal Your Ethnic Roots “Discover your family’s historic origins by uncovering the regions your ancestors came from. DNA tests allow you to uncover which ethnicities you inherited from the ancestors who came before you.” Click here to view for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Hands On with MyHeritage DNA “Whether you upload your raw DNA data to MyHeritage or are ready to move forward with the results from your MyHeritage DNA test, this webinar will guide you through your ethnicity estimates, DNA matches and more. On hand to walk Geoff Rasmussen through his personal results is Product Manager of MyHeritage DNA, Ran Snir.” Click here to view for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- FREE RECORDING: Introducing MyHeritage DNA “In this webinar,you’ll get an overview of MyHeritage DNA, including a background to DNA, how to take the MyHeritage DNA test (or upload raw DNA data files), understanding your ethnicity breakdown results and your DNA matches.” Click here to view for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- FREE RECORDING: The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships “This lecture will provide a general overview on how genetic testing can be of great assistance to family historians to trace, verify, expand, and link genealogical records and pedigrees. Particularly, we will cover the paternally-inherited Y chromosome and the maternally-inherited mitochondrial DNA with the purposes of showing how these two markers can play a powerful role in the search for our ancestors. Join Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation’s senior researcher, Ugo Perego, for this 90 minute webinar on using DNA tools as part of our research.” Click here to view for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- FREE RECORDING: DNA Research for Genealogists: Beyond the Basics “Among the tens of thousands of individuals that have already experienced the novelty of genetic testing for ancestral or genealogical purposes, many are still wondering about the real benefits that such testing may bring to their family history repertoire. Few individuals may have given in to pressure by others, or simply for curiosity. Whether you have been already tested and are still wondering about what all those letters and numbers from your genetic genealogy report mean, or whether you are contemplating if DNA testing for family history is something for you, this lecture will offer you some online tools that are available to interpret your results and get the most out of your genetic testing. We will also focus on a few successful DNA genealogy cases and conclude with a description of consultation services available to those that think genetic genealogy is an exciting field, but fear it is too complex of a tool to them.” Click here to view for FREE – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
Family Tree DNA Webinars
- FREE Webinars at Family Tree DNA “Family Tree DNA offers FREE webinars (online seminars) on genetic genealogy and DNA ancestry testing related topics. All webinars are open to both our customers and the general public. They are recorded, so that they may be viewed.” Click here to sign up for upcoming live webinars and to access recorded webinars via Family Tree DNA’s YouTube channel.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All content including images have been used by permission from each vendor.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.