Last updated: 28 May 2017
This website, DNA Bargains (the “website”), is a business website owned, created and edited by Thomas MacEntee (the “Owner”). For questions about this website, please contact me at info@DNAbargains.com.
(Normally we would put this in really small print, but several leading eye physicians have advised us to stick to larger fonts).
Although DNA Bargains assumes that everyone will understand that the information on this site is intended to foster knowledge expansion among the genealogy and family history community, other sites have these fancy disclaimers and it sure is fun to tug on their capes. So here goes:
1. Copyright: DNA Bargains is and is owned and administered by Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
2. Content: DNA Bargains is responsible for the content of this site, not including visitor comments or the content of individual contributors. DNA Bargains does not reflect the personal views and opinions of Thomas MacEntee although DNA Bargains is Thomas MacEntee. And Soylent Green is people.
3. Credit: DNA Bargains’ contributors are encouraged to give proper credit to any sources of content or information in this blog. If you feel you or another source lacks credit, please contact info@DNAbargains.com. No one likes a plagiarist.
4. Accuracy and Validity: Believe it or not, people make mistakes from time to time and DNA Bargains’ contributors strive to make facts and information as accurate as possible. In addition, DNA Bargains is a work in progress. The world is an ever-changing place, which means that content can become outdated quickly. While we hope to avoid having outdated material on this site, we can’t guarantee that everything is timely, so don’t rely on the timeliness or accuracy of the information at DNA Bargains.
5. Images: Any image which is not otherwise attributed to another source, is presumed to be owned by the DNA Bargains contributor. If you wish to use an image, please ask permission. And ask nicely.
6. Comments: DNA Bargains is not responsible for any comments made by contributors in the Comments or Discussion pages. However DNA Bargains will exercise its right to moderate and edit comments which are deemed to be offensive, childish or just plain dumb as a box of hair.
7. Liability: As a reader, you will not hold DNA Bargains liable for libel (say that three times fast) or defamation in its content. The content of DNA Bargains is built through the content of its contributors. In addition, there is no intention to do harm by hosting content at DNA Bargains. The content at DNA Bargains is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. If people use the information and somehow are injured, DNA Bargains is not to be held responsible. The sites that DNA Bargains links to via hyperlinks are not under its control. Those sites are responsible for the content of those sites. The sun, the moon and the rotation of the Earth are not under DNA Bargains’ control either. We’re working on it, but don’t hold your breath, and don’t try to make us responsible for other sites, bad weather, global warming or any malady that befalls you.
So there it is. We’ve done the disclaimer thing. Aren’t you glad we got that out of the way?
* Inspiration for this disclaimer provided by Valorem Law Group.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.