Save 30%! GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence Boot Camp – Saturday, November 17th, 2018
EARLY BIRD PRICING expires Monday, November 12th! If you are ready, click HERE to register and get the early bird price of just $19.99 USD – no promo code needed!
You’ve probably heard quite a bit about the FREE program GEDmatch in the news over the past year: GEDmatch has figured prominently in many high-profile criminal “cold cases” that have been solved using DNA. What you may not know is that at its core, GEDmatch was set up to help genealogists. It has various functions all focused on getting better matches using your uploaded DNA test results. It also provides tools for analyzing your DNA matches. In the GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence boot camp you will spend time walking you through all the major functions of GEDmatch so you can get started with your own DNA data to chase down new matches and analyze them.
Sometimes DNA evidence uncovers a family mystery. DNA evidence, along with paper records and family lore, shed light on this mystery. In the second half of this boot camp, Mary Eberle will demonstrate through the use of an amazing case study, how genealogists and family historians need to combine both DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve some cases.
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled GEDMatch & Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence on Saturday, November 17, 2018.
I’ll be your host and moderator while Mary shares her tricks and tips on using the popular (and FREE) GEDmatch program, AND walks us through a case study focusing on combining DNA and non-DNA evidence. Mary will also answer your questions live during the online webinars.
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence: This case study shows the importance of combining DNA and non-DNA evidence to solve an unexpected genealogy mystery. With an extensive tree in hand, it might seem that DNA would only help fill in gaps and breakdown brick walls. However, DNA helped in “pruning” an entire branch of the client’s tree and uncovered a mystery. DNA (along with census records, family stories, and even a pony!) and helped reconstruct the pruned branch.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, November 12, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday November 17, 2018
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 10:00 am CDT
GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
- 11:30 am CDT
- 12:00 pm CDT
Case Study: Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence
- 1:30 pm CDT
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. His latest endeavor is Abundant Genealogy, a site filled with free resources for genealogists and family historians of all skill levels.
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click the button above to go to PayPal and make payment or click HERE. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We have no way of sending you the registration link or password otherwise! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a link to register for the webinar.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to the DNA Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of the DNA Boot Camp, you’ll receive the password for the webinar as well as links to the handout and freebie so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo. A password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.