Updated Vitagene Health Reports Now Include Scientific Research, SNPs & Genotypes, and Actionable Recommendations
I recently uploaded my AncestryDNA raw data file to Vitagene and purchased several health reports. Click HERE to read my review of the process and the products. I was pleased with the results and the overall experience at Vitagene – and now I have some knowledge about my health that I can use in my wellness plan!
Well I just received an email update today stating that the health reports now include:
- Your genetic risk level for each trait
- Percent genetics vs. lifestyle by trait
- Actionable recommendations
- SNPs & genotypes
- Scientific research
This is great information – especially the source citations to the scientific and scholarly research articles! (And you know how as genealogists we are all about the evidence, right?)
TRENDING: DNA and Health
Earlier this year I made the statement “If 2017 was the Year of DNA for the genealogy industry, 2018 will be the Year of DNA and Health.” And according to a recent AP poll (click HERE), most people want to know their health risks if they show up in DNA test results.
While 17% of those polled stated they had taken a DNA test, 26% of those also stated that they took the test to determine disease/condition risks. And 65% of those polled indicated that learning more about family history and heritage was the main motivation for taking a DNA test.*
* The AP-NORC poll of 1,109 adults was conducted June 13-18 using a sample drawn from NORC’s probability-based AmeriSpeak Panel, which is designed to be representative of the U.S. population. The margin of sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.
I’m Taking Action Using the Vitagene Health Reports
I’ve been using the information to deal with certain conditions including my weight, the need for exercise, and my continuing ezcema issues. Of course, there is no substitute ever for consulting with your physician and personal health provider, but I know for certain that the information is in line with what I’ve already discussed with my primary care physician as well as my nutritional counselor and bariatric surgeon.
I’m a big believer in the concept of KNOWLEDGE = POWER and it means the ability to make choices for my health and leading a healthier lifestyle.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Save 50% on Health Reports at Vitagene
Right now I am able to provide my readers an AMAZING deal from Vitagene: save 50% on a variety of health reports when you upload your 23andMe, AncestryDNA or MyHeritage DNA test results! To claim your savings, make sure you enter promo code gene50 at checkout! Sale valid through July 31st. Click HERE to get started – via Vitagene
- Health Report: DNA Kit & Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation + Skin report + FREE 15 Minute Nutritional Phone Consultation. Regularly $49 USD, now just $24.50 USD with promo code gene50 at checkout! Click HERE.
- Vigor Bundle: FREE Health Report for diet, fitness & supplementation + 90 days of 4 personalized supplements + FREE 15 Minute Nutritional Phone Consultation. Regularly $198 USD, , now just $73.50 USD with promo code gene50 at checkout! Click HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved